Hey y’all, did you hear about CenterPoint’s CoolSaver program? We’re a participating Retail Electric Provider, offering a FREE AC tune-up, which can help improve the cooling output and efficiency of your AC unit by up to 25 percent.
How does it work?
- You have to be a residential customer within CenterPoint’s Houston Electric service territory
- Have a working central AC or heat pump that is 5 tons or less
- Have not received a CoolSaver tune-up within the last 5 years.
Please note: apartments are not eligible for participation. Also geothermal systems, window units, mini-splits and chillers are not eligible.
What happens during a CoolSaver tune-up?
A qualified, participating technician will perform the following:
- Measure the indoor airflow and adjust/correct if necessary;
- Inspect the filter and change or clean if dirty;
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil;
- Clean the indoor coil;
- Clean the indoor blower;
- Measure the refrigerant charge with digital accuracy; and
- Provide additional recommendations that may improve the A/C’s efficiency and overall performance.
To sign up:
Call 866-688-2323 or sign-up online to register for the program and be connected with a participating contractor who will schedule the tune-up during a time that will work with your schedule. Ideally, you should aim to be onsite during the tune-up.
More incentives through CoolSaver:
The CoolSaver program is offering incentives to replace standard or programmable thermostats with ENERGY STAR® Smart Thermostats. Eligible devices are Wi-Fi enabled and can automatically adjust cooling and heating for optimal performance: these are available at a discounted price on CoolSaver’s online marketplace. The offer is valid for up to two devices per residence. Our system is currently compatible with the ecobee SmartThermostats, offered at a discounted price. You can also find discounts on LED lighting and lighting multipacks!